Tournament Team Managers:
We are pleased to welcome you to the 2015 Connecticut Cal Ripken State Tournament to be held at the beautiful Burnt Hill Park at 148 East Street, Hebron, CT. We look forward to your teams and their families joining us for this event beginning on Friday, July 31st. Please take note of the information in this letter and the other attachments to this email.
- All teams must attend the pretournament Orientation to be held at Burnt Hill Park at 12:30 on Friday, July 31st. We will review tournament rules and collect your tournament team binders which will, of course, contain all of the information required:
- Babe Ruth ID Cards arranged in alphabetical order
- ACORD Certificate of Coverage (Accident Insurance and General Liability Insurance)
- State Commissioner Letter of Tournament Eligibility
- Consent for Treatment medical release forms
- Official Tournament Roster with players’ names and uniform numbers, signed by league President.
- Coaching Certification ID cards or Certificate
- A team picture.
A light lunch will be provided. Our Umpire in Chief will make a presentation.
We are asking all teams to arrive for the Opening Ceremonies on Friday, July 31st by 5:00 pm. The Opening Ceremonies will include a parade of teams (each carrying its state flag.) All players will be individually introduced and will run out onto the field to the cheers of all assembled. After the Opening Ceremony, we will have three contests:
- A hitting contest on the lower field with points scored for balls hit in the air into the outfield with extra points for any homeruns. Two players from each team will be entered into this event. Each player will get 10 swings.
- A throwing contest on the upper field in which players will be timed throwing the ball “around the horn.” Each team will have five players in this event.
- A base running contest (a relay race) in which all remaining players will be entered. If some teams have more players remaining than others, we will adjust the number of “laps” that some players will run.
Each player will receive dinner for free and additional food will be available for purchase by parents and siblings.
- We will have a public address announcer for all games. All players will be introduced and the National Anthem will be played. To facilitate this work, we will provide you with a package of three part lineup cards. Please provide the completed lineup card to the tournament director as early as possible before each game so that the announcer and scorer have time to prepare. If you have players or coaches with names which some might find difficult to pronounce, please provide a pronunciation guide. We hope to have live performances of the National Anthem at most games. If any of your players have older siblings who would like to perform, please let Bob Fitzgerald know and we will do our best to schedule them.
- First aid kits will be provided by the host league for each dugout.
- After each game, you will be asked to initial the pitching log. At the home plate conference before each game, available pitching will be reviewed.
- After each game, a write up highlighting the top moments of each game will be posted on our website, hebronbaseball.org. We will ensure that all players receive mention during the course of the tournament.
- PLEASE FORWARD A ROSTER WITH PLAYERS AND COACHES INCLUDING UNIFORM NUMBERS AND YOUR TEAM PHOTO TO BOB FITZGERALD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT WE MIGHT GET THE TOURNAMENT PROGRAM PRINTED.
The playing schedule and game bracket is attached. The bracket has been established by a blind draw by the New England Commissioner. An infield warm-up and batting cage schedule is also attached as well as a variety of other information. For any questions, please contact Bob Fitzgerald, the Tournament Chair listed below.
All game and bracket updates will be listed on our website at HebronBaseball.org.
We will also be posting on our Facebook & Twitter account www.twitter.com/HYBCT
Thank You and Good Luck!!
Steve Turco - Hebron Baseball President
Bob Fitzgerald - Hebron Baseball Tournament Chairman